Sunday, April 26, 2009

Diet disrupted

I didn't have the best of weeks this week, not only with the diet but just generally. It's school holidays here so I am taking advantage of the opportunity to sleep in and as such by the time I get up I feel it is too late for a breakfast shake and in some cases even too late for a mid-morning snack, so I have skipped a few of these this week. I have also been feeling a bit off, flu-ish maybe, headaches, and aches and and pains, and so I have missed three days of exercise this week.

We had a dramatic weather change on Wednesday with a 15 degree drop, so my diet has suffered a little there with a few extra warming coffees thrown in, coffee itself wouldn't be so bad except I must have sugar in it. I've been craving some crunchy biscuits to dip into my coffees and Saturday night I gave in and had a few Anzac bikkies, it was Anzac day after all! Aside from our holiday to NZ where I gave myself "permission" to be naughty this is my first real "slip up" since I've been on the diet so I don't feel too bad about it.

However, I am a bit worried about how I will cope when it gets to real winter here. I love my hearty winter meals, stews and roasts with lots of potatoes, pasta bakes, and home-made soups with home baked warm crusty bread. It's fairly easy to "eat" shakes, drink 2 litres of water a day and eat salad when the weather is nice but these few days of cool weather have highlighted how much of a struggle winter is going to be.

1 comment:

  1. hang in there we've all gotten a little crazy during anzac day...

    ReplyDelete