Wednesday, February 4, 2009

And so it begins ......

I started CS on Monday, today I am at the end of my third day.

So far I have had the following shake flavours:
Strawberry - nice
Caramel - not brilliant but tolerable
Banana - nice
Caffe Latte - blergh, foul
Vanilla - nice
Chocolate - hmmmm, not sure if this is tolerable or just plain yuck

I've been having fruit, nuts, or sliced ham or chicken for snacks.

On Monday night I had a small tin of tuna with a huge salad, Tues night I had a palm sized grilled chicken breast and huge salad and tonight I had an omelette. Mon & Tue night I wasn't hungry until about 9pm which is when I had my last snack for the day. Tonight though I was hungry an hour after I had the omelette.

The omelette was 2 eggs, spinach, mushrooms, onion, tomato, capsicum, ham and a small amount of tasty cheese. Now I am starting to think there wasn't enough veggies in it but I've had my last snack for the day (a small apple) so I can't have anything else.

Apparently alot of people go though a bit of a carb and sugar detrox in their first week of this program, the main effect of that seems to be feeling week, tired, and really bad headaches. This supposedly hits most people between day 2 and day 5. I have had a bit of a "lead-head" feeling but nothing too dramatic and it's the end of day three so I am hoping it stays like this.

Finally - water, another important part of the diet, at least 2 litres of water a day. And this is where I have really surprised myself, for the past 3 days I, me, the person who HATES water and only ever drank soft drink or fruit juice has drank at least 2.5 litres per day!

Of course the really hot weather (45 degrees every day) helps immensely!

One strange thing though is despite all that water I feel thirstier now than I did when soft drink and fruit juice was all I drank, and I drank half the amount of those as I do water, very weird.

To sum it up though, I am not toooo hungry (yet), I'm not feeling toooo deprived (yet) and I am in relatively good spirits (for now).

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog Belinda - will be following it! Keep it up. I'll try and help motivate you if you help me :D

    ReplyDelete