Monday, March 30, 2009

Slowly but surely

My weigh in last night was a bit of a surprise, in some respects even more surprising than last week after getting home from NZ. I didn't expect a good result this week. I really haven't been as strict as I normally am as I've found it super difficult this week to get back into my pre-holiday routine. Perhaps it's just a bit of post holiday blues although we have all been a bit unwell in our house this week and I am midway through TTOM, but I have not exercised every day, only alternate days, I haven't been drinking nearly as much water as I should be and I've missed alot of snacks.

Still, this week I have somehow managed to lose 900gms which is a sensational result, better than usual in fact, my weekly loss is usually between 300-750gms so this totally baffles me. I went to see my Doctor before the holiday and although concerned about my (hypothyroid) symptoms he basically admitted he didn't have the expertise to make any radical changes to my treatment and decided to trial an extra 25mcg of thyroxine daily. This is about the only thing I can think of that could be having a positive effect on my weight loss. I had another blood test last week and I will be going to see him for the results this week, lets just hope he thinks it is safe to keep me on this current level of medication!

Height: 160cms/5ft3in
Start Date: 28th Dec 2008
Start Weight: 81.4 kgs
Current Weight: 73.5kgs
Lost this weeks: 900gms
Total Loss: 7.9 kgs
Start BMI: 31.8
Current BMI: 28.7
Goal BMI: 23.4
Goal Weight: 60 kgs
Goal Date: December 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment