Monday, January 5, 2009

The old me

I thought I would post some pics of how I looked about 15 years which is about the weight I want to get back to.

It's scary and somewhat sad to look at these pics and think about how much time as a teenager and as a young woman I spent obsessing over how I looked, hating how I looked, thinking I was fat. I wish I could go back in time, give my younger self a big hug and tell her that she looks great and is fine just the way she is. (apart from the awful black hair dye which makes her look so pale). That skirt in the pic on the left is a size 8, the jeans on the right are Levis, size 10.

I can't believe I was that small. I didn't realise it at the time, I always felt big, what a shock it is to look back now, really look and see I wasn't big at all. I've never been in proportion, I've always had small boobs but I've also always had a pot belly, large hips and thighs, and a really big bum. I think my body shape rather than my body size is what led me to have the distorted perception that I was the size of a small baby elephant.

What a shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment