Sunday, June 21, 2009

Playing tag ...

I got tagged by lovely Leila at That Random Leila so now I have to answer the designated questions and then tag some of you. I hope you enjoy reading my answers and I look forward to reading yours :)

---------------------------

Here are the rules:

1. Respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention & add one more question of your own.
2. Tag eight other people

What is your current obsession?
Family history research, even though I haven't found any new info for ages I am completely sucked in and still keep searching for those extra tidbits to add to my tree.

What are you wearing today?
Blue denim jeans, work polo shirt, blue jacket. Despite being Sunday I had to go up to work for a few hours and I haven't changed yet as I am cold so I'm contemplating a super hot shower to warm up.

What’s for dinner?
There are chicken breasts thawing in the fridge so something to do with chicken, perhaps a stir fry, or maybe just grilled with a little marinade and a salad.

What’s the last thing you bought?
uuuummmmmm ..... milk I think, how boring. Although now that I think about it I did have a post parcel arrive on Friday with some new tops and skirts.

What are you listening to right now?
The usual mish mash of my eclectic tastes contained on my ipod. Everything from Billy Joel to Def Leppard.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
Paris, I'm so in love with Paris, of all the places we have been it is the one place I constantly think about and long to re-visit.

Which language do you want to learn?
German so when I go to Germany to trace my German ancestors I will not need to pay for a translator, lol.


What do you love most about where you currently live?

Solitude, remoteness, the view from our house.

(pic on left is my house, we are surrounded by red dust, spinefex grass and not a whole lot of anything else)


What is your favourite colour?
Easy one, pink of course.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
For comfort: my flannel pyjamas, lol
For looks: my new boots

Describe your personal style?
I'm still working on it.

If you had $300 now, what would you spend it on?
More boots, lol.

What are you going to do after this?
Have that super hot shower.

What are your favourite films?
Grease
Labyrinth
Pride & Prejudice
Dirty Dancing
Picnic at Hanging Rock
An Officer and a Gentleman
The Piano
The Breakfast Club
Strictly Ballroom
Priscilla Queen of the Desert (a cock in a frock on a rock ... pmsl)
The Shawshank Redemption
and tons of others, I love movies.

Your favourite smell?
Freshly baked bread (which I can no longer eat, waaah!).
The vanilla, cinnamon and clove candle sitting on my kitchen bench.
My daughters freshly washed hair when I bend down to give her a goodnight kiss.

Do you collect anything?
Family history paraphernalia, birth death and marriage certificates of my ancestors.

What makes you follow a blog?
Interest in the subject matter, like how a person writes, humour.

Do you like to comment on blogs or just lurk?
Mostly through sheer lack of time I just lurk. I like to comment if I can though or if a post particularly stands out or strikes a chord with me.

What’s one thing you dream of doing?
An Anthropology degree.

What is your biggest regret?
I don't regret having my daughter who is a beautiful wonderful kid. But, I do regret that I chose such a shitty (biological) dad for her, she deserved so much better.

What is your favourite thing to do on a rainy day? Snuggle up in a warm room, read a book or watch a movie and listen to the rain fall down.

Do you have a tattoo?
No. I've been contemplating one for about 12 years but I've never been able to settle on a design that I think I can live with forever. I've been considering a black cat (like my own kitty) for about the last 4 years now so that might be it.

What are you favourite books?
Lots of biographies and autobiographies particularly those relating to issues faced by women.
plus; Bryce Courtney: Power of One & April Fools day
Diana Gabaldon: Cross Stitch series
Wilbur Smith: Courtney novels
John Marsden: Tomorrow series
and Harry potter :)
As you can see I get sucked into sagas, stories that span multiple books lol.

Are you left handed, right handed, ambidextrous, or a little of both?
I write with my left hand only. Everything else I can use either hand competently but I cannot write with my right hand so I am not quite ambidextrous, weird I know.

------------------------------

I tag:
Carlos
Merrill
Tony
Ali
April
Kell
JJ
and Kir

:)

4 comments:

  1. Oooh I love a good tag... my answers tomorrow!! I love your place, its so sparse, so Australiana!!!! Also... what kind of boots!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boots, black or brown high heeled, mid calf or knee height. The kind you wear with a nice shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. God I love boots of that style. We share that love as well as the books (and a few of the movies too, was PMSL @ cock in a frock on a rock!)

    ReplyDelete