Wednesday, December 10, 2008

The "moment"

Recently we were informed that X-mas 2009 is going to be at my Aunts house on the Gold Coast. My first thought was "oh shit, swimming", you see I haven't been swimming in over 2 years, not because I can't swim, not because I don't like to swim (I love it) but because of how I look in a bathing suit. I hate how I look, I can deny it no longer.

I've always hated how I look, even when I was a size 10 I was out of proportion, big butt, small chest but it has got so much worse since my thyroidectomy. I can't be sure because I don't remember what I was when they weighed me at the hospital and I haven't weighed myself since, but I think in the 3 years since the operation I have put on about 10 kgs. That puts me at 20kgs overweight, and, maddeningly, in the "obese" category.

So anyway I convinced DH that we should buy ourselves a Wii and Wii Fit for x-mas. Where we live it is 38-45 degrees for at least 3 months of the year, it is so hot that al you want to do is sit naked in front of an air conditioner. I figure a Wii Fit, in the privacy of our air conditioned home may be just what I need to get me off the couch.

It's a start anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment